well, E hooked me up with a job at an ophthalmologist’s office. they specialize in retina things aka macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachments. well i’ve learned a lot this past month and am grateful for an income again.
work lessons learned:
1. the macula is in the center of the eye…duh, iono no matter how many times i’ve read about the fovea etc etc, i had always pictures the optic nerve to be in the center. BA in IB…maybe that’s why…ib and not mcb =p
2. breast feeding is a terrible, horrible experience. no wonder they have all these public service announcements promoting breast feeding. apparently it is like, i quote, “lighting your nipples on fire” haha WHO KNEW. and that “the nurses will try to pressure/trick you into doing it” i’m scared. and single mothers? can get medicare and have everything paid for….hmm
3. got a pimple in the office? rub the sh-t out of it with alcohol pads.
4. old people…can’t hear. especially when i say blurry….brrrruuuurrry?
5. old people see floaters all the time. whaaaat….sigh, i don’t know if i want to outlive my eyes. lol